Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Best belt-sander?

On May 14, 5:49 am, "3G" wrote:
"dean" wrote in message

oups.com...
| I'm looking for a hand sander, generally I buy Dewalt, but I think
| that the porta cable model might be the better choice this time. What
| do people here think? Its around $200.
|
| Also, is there a better way to sand a deck? I have to do an area now
| about 25x15'.

I like the Bosch belt sander for areas that large,
and the Dewalt (8 hole hook & loop) orbital sander.
the Porta Cable has 5 holes and clogs often (having had one in the past)

Having at least three of the P-C ROS 5-hole variety, I'll avow as to
having one "clog" has never been an issue...no idea what would have
been the usage and/or paper to cause such a problem.