Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] barry@sme-online.com is offline

Default water heater pilot

On May 14, 10:41 am, HankC wrote:
On May 14, 9:11 am, " wrote:

On May 14, 9:36?am, HankC wrote:

Twice in a year, my water heater's pilot light has gone out and the
drip pan overflowed. I cannot tell which causes the other.

The water is not from the heat/pressure release tube, the overflow
does not reach the pilot and there are no live leaks.

Any hints?

HankC

your tank is about to fail completely, it begins leaking, puts out the
pilot light, adds water to the drip pan, then rust inside the tank
plugs the leak.

if theres anything that can be damaged by a leak replace tank
immediately

Sounds possible, but there is no water inside the pilot chamber.

The last incident was in August and again yesterday.

HankC

Okay. I'll bite. Now, tell us the history, and water quality/heater
longevity in your area.