Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default And now - something completely different.

On May 14, 10:31 am, "Darrell Feltmate"
wrote:
I was at an outdoor fair Halifax a couple of years ago. Part of my display was a setting of Christmas icicles. Young guy comes by, says "cool," buys a nice one about 4" long, removes the safety pin from his ear and inserts the hanger for the icicle. He must have added 6" to his strut as he headed off.

Did someone say it takes all kinds? Somedays I think I am getting old.

I don't want to start that tired old thread of "you know you are
getting old when.... "

But I am thinking from the tone of your post that you probably are at
the point in your life I am. You see something like that, it is a
little surprising, not shocking, and it just leaves you shaking your
head.

Not mad, not outraged, no need to run and tell someone what just
happened. Just a little surprised. A heavy sigh after the boy
disappears is the whole reaction.

It makes me feel a little tired, that's all.

Robert