Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default Can a wood burning fire be consider as a green alternative ?

EricP wrote:
On 14 May 2007 10:56:06 -0700, carloponti
wrote:

Can a wood burning fire be consider as a green alternative ? I'm
confused, I was checking out comparative fuel cost on the The Solid
Fuel Technology Institute website and it would appear that wood logs
cost the least and have the lowest carbon emissions per kW.

http://www.soliftec.com/fuelcost.htm

All the local schools are being converted to this at horrible cost of
£60,000+ each, so it must have something.

How are the wood burners fed? If they are hopper fed, who fills the hopper?

I ask as a re-retired school site supervisor who had too much work
thrust on him :-(

Dave