Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP EricP is offline

Default Can a wood burning fire be consider as a green alternative ?

On 14 May 2007 10:56:06 -0700, carloponti
wrote:

Can a wood burning fire be consider as a green alternative ? I'm
confused, I was checking out comparative fuel cost on the The Solid
Fuel Technology Institute website and it would appear that wood logs
cost the least and have the lowest carbon emissions per kW.

http://www.soliftec.com/fuelcost.htm

All the local schools are being converted to this at horrible cost of
£60,000+ each, so it must have something.

It seems based on that burning cheap quick growing local wood
introduces a zero footprint cycle. The growing wood locks away a
quantity of co2. Burning the same wood releases the co2, and around
you go.

I am not sure about the validity of the model whoever.