Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default Help installing new bath spout copper tube from wall cut tooshort!

Noozer wrote:

"vic" wrote in message
ups.com...

I replaced a bath tub spout with a Danco spout made to replace the old
Moen spout.

I made a big mistake by cutting the 1/2" copper nub coming out of the
wall to less than the minimum called for. The minimum length of the
copper tube distance from the wall was 1.5", I cut it to 1". This
resulted in water coming out of the back of the spout when I use the
shower diverter on the spout.

Am I missing another option that would be simpler?? (NOTE I can't
solder a coupling and a copper tube section to extend the copper tube
from the wall as the coupling would interfere with the spout
installation, not making it flush to the tile)
Thanks for your help!

I may be way out in left field here, but is there a butt joint for copper
that will fit INSIDE the pipe?

I've not seen one, but if the OP can stand waiting a week or so and will
cover the postage (which just went up again today BTW) I'd be happy to
turn one out of a bit of scrap brass for him if he emails me about it.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)