Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Need advice on coaxial cable for home re-wire

cottonchipper wrote:

I'm planning on rewiring my home to upgrade the coaxial cable running
from where the cable comes into the house and splits, to the various
rooms we have TV's in. The longest run will probably be less than
100
feet, with most around 50 feet. I'll be running it through the attic
and pulling it down the walls where there are already outlets.
Currently we receive digital cable through a converter box on each
TV,
but I'd like to use something that will be good enough for HDTV when
it becomes available in our area. Does anyone have any
recommendations as far as the best coaxial cable for the job, or
characteristics I should look for?

Hi,
Most loss is from connector(s). So you need to do a good job when
connector is atached at the end of each cable. If I were you, I'd go for
mil-spec cable/connector of your chice(brand).