Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller Toller is offline

Default Electrical installation tubes

"Pygmalion" wrote in message
oups.com...

I have recently moved into a brand new appartment. I was amazed to
find out that every room is equipped with only one UTP and one
coaxial cable - I think two UTP cables would be much more usual these
days. Cables are layed into installation tubes of 18 mm diameter. I
have two questions:

- Is one UTP and one coaxial cable per room normal, or am I eligible
to request cable update from the construction company?

- Since cables are layed into installation tubes, should cables be
replaceable? The problem is that installation tubes already hold
cables when they were installed, so there is a great possibility that
cables couldn't be replaced. And if cables are not replaceable, what
to do? Request a whole new installation from the construction
company?

What do you want to do that isn't possible now?
Did they mislead you about the issue, or were you somehow prevented from
finding out about it?

Unless I am missing something here, I would like to see their reaction when
you request your "cable update".