Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] wuwu77@netzero.com is offline

Default Electrical code question...

On May 13, 9:49 pm, "Toller" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com... If I understand the code correctly, there needs to be a gfi receptical
on a dedicated circuit. I have a situation where lights in my
bathrooms also must be gfi protected. So I guess I'm just looking for
an explanation of why this code of a dedicated circuit exists. My
study of the code finds contradicting info due to lack of explanation.

You can put GFCI outlets anywhere you want. And you can have dedicated
circuits without GFCIs.

You probably have something in mind; do you want to elaborate?

For a particular case, I would like to feed a bathroom consisting of
three lights, one exhaust fan and a basin receptical with a circuit
protected by a GFI breaker. One of the recessed lights is in the
shower, therefore requiring GFI protection. I'm looking for clear
code instruction. Thanks for the posts.