Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Default Electrical code question...

It depends when the bathroom was wired, as to what code was in affect.
Current and recent codes allow receptacles in all bathrooms to be on a
dedicated 20 amp circuit and no other outlets can be on that circuit, or all
lights , fans , outlets etc of one bathroom can be on a dedicated circuit

wrote in message
oups.com...
If I understand the code correctly, there needs to be a gfi receptical
on a dedicated circuit. I have a situation where lights in my
bathrooms also must be gfi protected. So I guess I'm just looking for
an explanation of why this code of a dedicated circuit exists. My
study of the code finds contradicting info due to lack of explanation.

Please advise & thanks for your time.