Posted to alt.home.repair

Default wirenutting twisted and solid wire

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
. ..
Does anyone have a sure fire method for wirenutting/pigtailing stranded

and
solid wire together? Seems like when I do it half the time the stranded
will pull out when light force is applied to the wire. Does it help to

cut
the solid wire a bit shorter than the stranded wire so that the stranded
wire can wrap around the end of the solid wire and not push out when

screwed
onto the wire nut?

I always twist the wires together using pliers before I screw on the
wirenut.