Posted to rec.woodworking
HerHusband HerHusband is offline

Default Organizing CD's and DVD's in drawers

Andy,

2. You could drill holes for pegs along the sides or bottom of the
drawer, and use removable dowels to hold the back DVD upright. Kind
of like the adjustable shelf supports. You could either do both sides
and the bottom, so 3 short dowels would hold up the DVD, or 1-2 rows
of holes on the bottom with longer dowels, or holes just on the sides
with some kind of DVD-sized panel to create a back.

Thanks, I was thinking of something similar.

I didn't mention it in my original post, but whatever design I end up using
needs to be removable. In other words, I want to be able to use the drawer
for other purposes until I need the space for DVD/CD's.

The dowel approach would let me cut a board to fit inside the drawer and
drill a series of holes in that. I could simply remove the board if I
didn't need it, and there wouldn't be any need to modify the drawer itself.

But, I'm still investigating other ideas before I make a decision.

Thanks,

Anthony