Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Totally OT - Highway Question - Is 100 Metres Enough

dennis@home wrote:

Just for interest how many times have you been caught for speeding,
and how many times for other motoring offences?

Countless times for speeding, and once when they couldn't prove it, they
followed me for miles and decided I had a 'below minimum tread tyre'

The next time they tried that one I drove into the next county.

Oh and once for crossing a white line. For the same reason. It was a
convenient excuse that was a question of their word against mine.

Oh, and one speeding offence at least was on evidence that they concocted.
It simply wasn't true, and demonstrably so.

You are. it seems, guilty of whatever two police officers decide to charge
you with if you are alone in a car.

Maybe if you didn't flag up as a persistent offender when they do a check
you wouldn't get any hassle?

This was long before the days when they had such access to records.

The simply didn't like the length of my hair.