Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Mike is offline

Default Do I need to mud/tape and/or paint before I tile?

On May 12, 9:07 pm, Joe wrote:
On May 12, 10:53 am, Mike wrote:

Is there a need tomud,tape, sand (yes, sand), and prime the
wallboard before installing walltile? I'd like to avoid some or all
of these steps and, in so doing, shave a month or so off the project
time (yes, I said a month). Any advice is appreciated.

-Mike

If you're not using the newer wallboard types rated for undertile
use, just slop it together any old way. I won't last but a few years
anyway.

Humor me - let's pretend, just for the sake of my question, that I'm
using the correct type of wallboard. If you really don't know, why
waste the bandwidth answering a question that I didn't ask?

-Mike