Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default What wiring codes say about these wires?

This is an underground garage. Which means it is probably in an apartment
building or condo development. These are not your wires to touch, they
belong to the building. They could be for anything such as lighting, etc.
They probably are at the NEC limit for capacity. You cannot just start
adding outlets and plugging in tools. Your description is so poor, some
words misspelt so bad that I don't know what you are saying. Your knowledge
of wiring seems to be as bad as your spelling. Leave well enough alone.
Don't touch anything. You'll live longer.

"Joseph" wrote in message
ups.com...
I need to tap some electrical in an underground garage where my car
is. There are no wall outlet whatsoever and sometimes I need to plug
in some hand tools. Anyway, I found this box hanging off the low
ceiling, I opened and saw thew 5 wires, 4 wiht shield and 1 just
barecopper(ground). Can someone in the know please tell me which of
these wires I can splice into to get teh equivalent household voltage
of 120V, I plan to add a wall socket to it. I promise I will be
careful, where gloves etc. Thx