Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default Qualalac

you don't need to clean a spray gun after using laquer if you just dedicate
a spare gun to clear laquer only - if it gets plugged up, just spray a
litthe thnner through it and continue - I've used the same gun for about 6
years, always keep laquer in it, only had to clean it once in that time

"Prometheus" wrote in message
On 12 May 2007 12:25:12 -0700, "
wrote:

Snip

Since you have the Behlen's now, I would try thinning with a really
good quality thinner. If that didn't work, for my own satisfaction I
would change lacquers and try it first with the old thinner, and then
with the new. Unless the lacquer you have is old, a bad batch, or has
been improperly stored (not necessarily by you) or shipped, the answer
should be in there somewhere.

It will be easy enough for you to find out.

Once again, let us know how this pans out. If it were me, I would
spend the dough and get through this as quickly as possible.

Great couple of posts Robert- that filled in a couple of gaps I had,
and is an excellent reminder of the process (I don't spray laquer from
my cup gun very often- because I'm usually too lazy to want to clean
it afterwards, and just use a rattlecan instead.)