Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] leenowell@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Video/ audio distribution part 2

On 13 May, 10:31, Lurch wrote:
On 13 May 2007 01:53:13 -0700, mused:

Thanks for the reply. In my case, we are about to embark on a major
renovation so I want to run the cable now to cover my bases as running
it afterwards will be a pain. My friend ended up running 3 x CAT5, 1
x Coax and 1 x phone to each major room to cover

CAT 5 - network

Cat5e.

CAT 5 - video/ audio distribution

I'd use cat7, or cat6, for AV distribution. This does need to be
installed properly though, it is less forgiving of dodgy installatio
than cat5\e.

CAT 5 - spare

Wouldn't hurt.

Coax - normal terrestrial TV

I'd run 2, while I was at it.

Phone - one cable supporting 2 lines.

This is a debateable one, I'd probably run a minimum of 2 cat5e cables
to each point and use LJAU's at the outlets.

--
Regards,
Stuart.

I had read that cat 6 was much more expensive and wouldn't give many
benefits? Also, I hadn't heard of cat7 until now? Is the cost
benefit there?

thanks

Lee.