Marianne Halevi Marianne Halevi is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadiOH
Marianne Halevi wrote:

Maybe this is what I think I should do after absorbing all you smart
people's advice: First on the cement goes tar-paper against
moisture, then the plywood with the Tapcon screws (3/16 - coarse,
cement-eating threads - with a 5/32 drill bit - rotary hammer
drill), no anchors. No adhesive failure either. Drilling the hole a
little deeper than the screw (I remember that part). Then a layer
of building felt for a little give (I like that idea). Then, how
can I use glue for the T&G on top of that? I can't. So I use the
nails, sweat or not. The garage has never flooded in the past 10
years that I have lived here. Earthquake? Well, everything is still
standing, so maybe I am o.k. (I am not in Northridge). So, do you
think that is good procedure?

Yeah.
___________

Any concerns or objections or better ideas?

1. Get ply made for the purpose...it has T & G edges

2. Stagger the ply joints.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Great, I'm all set now, feel very confident about the project. Thanks again a million.

Marianne

(Hail to early risers!)