Brian

Default Fire Danger

Alan Darlington wrote:
"dg" wrote in message

Snipped

Hi Gents,

My query relates to a posting titled "Is this a daft idea?" I propose
extending a shallow (4.5") chimney breast by 2" to balance the breast
either side of a new fireplace. It doesn't seem worth getting it
plastered. In effect the piece of soffit will act as a new
corner-piece for the chimney breast. Well away from any direct heat.
I'll redo the coving and skirting board and then wallpaper. It's not
meant to be seen. The paint was only a suggestion for possibly
improving its fire-retardant properties.

Thanks again for your helpful and thought-provoking suggestions,

Alan

Hi Alan,

Just a question, are you going to "decorate" this piece of plastic with
wallpaper or paint?

If this is the case then you may find that this could be difficult to do
successfully as there is no "key" for the adhesive etc to stick to.

If you are going to try this then it may be worth trying to "scratch" the
surface with something like glasspaper to try and form a key.

Brian