Posted to rec.woodworking
Gerald Ross Gerald Ross is offline

Default Garden Fence Posts Distance

samson wrote:
I'm building a garden fence about 50 feet by
50 feet. I'm setting 8 foot 4X4s two feet deep
in cement. And then I'm using 2in by 2 inch wire
fencing to keep the rabbits out.

About how far apart should the posts be to keep
the fence upright and tight? 10 feet apart looks
about right, but I'm not 100 percent sure.

Thanks,

S.

For rabbits you only need a fence about 18 - 24 inches high,
but it has to have small openings. The rabbits around here
can go through a chain-link fence barely slowing down. Their
skull is smaller than it looks, and they have a flexible
skeleton, so where their head can go the body will follow.
They will not climb a fence or try to jump over it. I have
successfully kept them out of flower beds with an 18 inch fence.

Now, if you are talking about jack rabbits or Australian
ones, that is another matter.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA