Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield Harry Bloomfield is offline

Default Concrete paving slab weights?

Harry Bloomfield has brought this to us :
I'm intending to use some spare concrete paving slabs I have stashed away at
the very back of my garden, to load test a piece of home built lifting
equipment. I don't have anything suitable to actually check the weight of the
slabs, nor have I been able to find any specs on the Internet.

The slabs are standard 2x2 and 2x3 concrete slabs. All I need is a rough idea
of their weight, to enable me to conduct the tests on the unit. The unit is
an home designed and built single post motorcycle lift.

Thanks for the responses..

The result of the test load lifted to maximum height was successful. I
did it on grass just in case anything did happen to break, then
everything would have a softer landing.

On the grass (normally it would be on smooth concrete) it was quite
wobbly adding to the stress on the framework, plus I added my own body
weight to the test load - so I think I can safely say it will easily
cope with the bike.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)