Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Qualalac

On May 12, 8:15 pm, Prometheus wrote:

Great couple of posts Robert- that filled in a couple of gaps I had,
and is an excellent reminder of the process (I don't spray laquer from
my cup gun very often- because I'm usually too lazy to want to clean
it afterwards, and just use a rattlecan instead.)

Thanks. I don't mind helping when someone is trying. And finishing
can be very, very frustrating. I have worked on problems for hours
(sometimes a couple of days) to get things ironed out. And in the
end, there have been times when all is said and done I am not really
sure why it worked out.

And as for that rattlecan.... what a lifesaver. I use them wherever I
can! Touchups (hey - if you apply Deft from a quart can, it comes in
a spray can for touchups, too!), small projects, lathe stuff
(especially Christmas ornaments), etc.

I really like the "no cleanup" part of spray cans and the consistency
of the finish. At 35% or less material delivery ($$$ !!) from a spray
can, I don't go wild with the stuff but I wouldn't be without it
either.

Robert