Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default Qualalac

From Behlen's product catalog:

"QualalacqT Thinner are recommended to be used in conjunction with this
product."

http://www.hbehlen.com/Behlen_Catalog2006.pdf

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Hi Jack, Yes I read that but I have a hard time believing that thier
thinner is any different than any other lacquer thinner. I suppose
there could be a difference. Certainly is a price difference. Problem
is I've been using qualalack for about 6 months and the problem just
started in the past couple weeks. I was looking at the spray gun this
evening and I'm wondering if the air adjustment got turned. The air
adjustment is very easy to turn and maybe it has gotten turned a
little at a time.

I don't know this specific product - I do know that with the automotive
lacquers I use (on cars), the thinner is VERY different from the stuff I get
at home depot, though both are called lacquer thinner. I have used the
cheap thinner with DEFT that I get in gallon cans with no problem though