Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A weird thing with an electrical screwdriver

Owain wrote:
Lurch wrote:
Woulnd't be too clever to lock everyone else out and then
electrocute yourself.

I think the moral of the story is don't do electrics unless you are
an electrician, not a handyman.

The moral of the story is use a proper tester and testing procedure
every time.

I can still remember the time I assumed that because the bedroom and
kitchen sockets were dead the lounge one would be. How was I to know
it had been wired onto the same 15A fuse as the bathroom wall heater,
immersion, and garage socket.

Indeed. A similar situation prompted me to ask the question. It's amazing
what you find in peoples houses...........

Thanks for the advice - proceedure changed.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman