Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] leenowell@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Video/ audio distribution part 2

Hi All,

Firstly, I would like to thank you all for the great information you
posted on this topic.

After a lot of research into this, a friend of mine put in a system
for video/ audio distribution a couple of years ago which made me
think that I may have been approaching this problem from the wrong
direction. I have been considering how many locations I want to view
video/ audio and how do I get everything to an end device at these
locations such that they can all work concurrently. What he did was
locate his standard equipment (dvd player, PC, CD player, video etc)
in a central location and consider how many people will want to watch
a different DVD (for example) at the same time. Then simply buy that
number of DVD players. Maybe not the best example as I am looking to
store the DVDs centrally so you don't have to go into the cupboard to
change them but it shows the principle.

Everything is then distributed via CAT 5 cable (apparently you can buy
a sort of video/ audio router for this) and controlled via radio
remote controls.

It all seemed fairly cunning to me as you can scale it up as you need
to and you don't have to buy the end devices for each room. Has
anyone had any experience of this type of setup?

All help appreciated.,

thanks again

Lee.