Marianne Halevi Marianne Halevi is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianne Halevi
Hold it ! - I am starting to be a little bit confused, almost starting to see white mice running around in circles, not fume-induced either.
Maybe this is what I think I should do after absorbing all you smart people’s advice: First on the cement goes tar-paper against moisture, then the plywood with the Tapcon screws (3/16 - coarse, cement-eating threads - with a 5/32 drill bit - rotary hammer drill), no anchors. No adhesive failure either. Drilling the hole a little deeper than the screw (I remember that part). Then a layer of building felt for a little give (I like that idea). Then, how can I use glue for the T&G on top of that? I can’t. So I use the nails, sweat or not. The garage has never flooded in the past 10 years that I have lived here. Earthquake? Well, everything is still standing, so maybe I am o.k. (I am not in Northridge). So, do you think that is good procedure? Any concerns or objections or better ideas?
As always, grateful, Marianne.
Ah yes, and countersinking too!