Marianne Halevi Marianne Halevi is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew Hodgett
Father Haskell wrote:

I'd worry a LOT more about having to redo the whole job from the
ground up
because of adhesive failure than fumes in the garage for 24 hours,
assuming
you can actually buy solvent-based glues anywhere in CA. I've had
Liquid
Nails water-based subfloor glue fail between concrete and pressure-
treated
plates (you'll want CDX ply, essentially pressure-treated subfloor
plywood,
in that garage) and I'll neither use nor recommend it.

Liquid Nails would definitely NOT be my adhesive of choice.

Much prefer SikaFlex or even 3M, 5200.

SikaFlex is a major player in both the marine and
industrial/construction adhesive markets.

Lots of industrial distributors.

Tech service has an 800#, are in Detroit, and a savvy bunch.

Lew

Hold it ! - I am starting to be a little bit confused, almost starting to see white mice running around in circles, not fume-induced either.
Maybe this is what I think I should do after absorbing all you smart people’s advice: First on the cement goes tar-paper against moisture, then the plywood with the Tapcon screws (3/16 - coarse, cement-eating threads - with a 5/32 drill bit - rotary hammer drill), no anchors. No adhesive failure either. Drilling the hole a little deeper than the screw (I remember that part). Then a layer of building felt for a little give (I like that idea). Then, how can I use glue for the T&G on top of that? I can’t. So I use the nails, sweat or not. The garage has never flooded in the past 10 years that I have lived here. Earthquake? Well, everything is still standing, so maybe I am o.k. (I am not in Northridge). So, do you think that is good procedure? Any concerns or objections or better ideas?
As always, grateful, Marianne.