Posted to alt.home.repair
PaPaPeng PaPaPeng is offline

Default Cutting Marble Vanity Top

On 11 May 2007 08:36:12 -0700, BobR wrote:

The problem is that I need to trim a 1/2 inch deep and 7" long piece
off of the edge of a Marble Vanity Top. The Vanity is a furniture
grade vanity with a marble top that needs to fit into a space that is
about 1/2 inch too narrow on one side toward the back of the top. I
can cut some trim to make way but still need to cut the edge off of
the vanity top. I have a great tile saw but it would require
disassembly of the vanity and taking it to the saw.

Is there an easy way to cut this with any standard tools?

What about cutting a recess into the dry wall instead and restore with
wood trim, tile or vanity marble material to disguise the cut.