Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett Lew Hodgett is offline

Default Screws or 22-caliber nails

Father Haskell wrote:

I'd worry a LOT more about having to redo the whole job from the
ground up
because of adhesive failure than fumes in the garage for 24 hours,
assuming
you can actually buy solvent-based glues anywhere in CA. I've had
Liquid
Nails water-based subfloor glue fail between concrete and pressure-
treated
plates (you'll want CDX ply, essentially pressure-treated subfloor
plywood,
in that garage) and I'll neither use nor recommend it.

Liquid Nails would definitely NOT be my adhesive of choice.

Much prefer SikaFlex or even 3M, 5200.

SikaFlex is a major player in both the marine and
industrial/construction adhesive markets.

Lots of industrial distributors.

Tech service has an 800#, are in Detroit, and a savvy bunch.

Lew