Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett Lew Hodgett is offline

Default Screws or 22-caliber nails

Marianne Halevi wrote:

Aha! Rust! I guess that would go together with the sweating. The only
thing is, I am kind of paranoid about fumes. All this chemical stuff
that exudes potentially toxic vapors, but I think it's worthwhile to
check out where different adhesives fall in that respect.

Don't sweat it.

SCAQMD has so many restrictions concerning products with VOC's that
you will be lucky to find a good adhesive to do the job.

Otherwise: Tapcon screws it will be (with lead anchors!), because
definitely my concrete is of a rather low quality - I have already seen
it disintegrating in some places and had to patch it.

Just curious, have you ever had any flooding problems with this garage
space?

Didn't happen this year, but 2"-3" of rain in 24 hours can have some
interesting results.

It's L.A. area,
BTW, San Fernando Valley.

Unlike the beach, you definitely can get some large variations in
temperature in the valley. Plan on addressing insulation issues to
minimize possible sweating problems.

Lew