Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Totally OT - Highway Question - Is 100 Metres Enough

dennis@home wrote:

I have always said that *all* drivers are idiots.
You will find things are much safer when you realise its true.

And so will you, when you realise that you are no exception.

The fdufference between us, is I know I can be and strive very hared not
to be.

YOU think you know all the answers. You will never ever learn anything
ever again, because of that.

I see a bad situation: I don;t think 'he was in the wrong, he nearly
killed me, he should be banned'

I think 'he was in the wrong, he nearly killed me, he should be banned,
but he won't be, and he probably never even realised how much of a
dennis he was being. Now how can I adjust my driving, not to the rules,
because he although he would swear he was slavishly adhering to them was
actually a mile wide of them, but to make sure if I ever meet a dennis
like that again, its not me he kills'

You know the chap. There you are minding your own business at 20mph when
Dennis pulls out in front of you and you have zero chance of missing.
His response? 'You must have been speeding, I was only doing 5mph'