Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lurch Lurch is offline

Default A weird thing with an electrical screwdriver

On Sat, 12 May 2007 20:45:34 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
mused:

Lurch wrote:

I think the moral of the story is don't do electrics unless you are an
electrician, not a handyman.

Which would leave large numbers of people who wanted small, simple jobs done
waiting for electricians who don't turn up, don't call back and generally
can't be arsed with small jobs - and charge an arm & a leg if they do ever
arrive.

OK.

Apart from which, if the dreaded Part P says it's OK, then it's OK.

Personally I think electricians & plumbers should be banned from attempting
to 'make good' after their work, since they are clearly incompetant - on
second thoughts they should be encouraged to do so - it provides me with
lucrative work.

Depends, case by case really. Some are genuine mistakes, some are just
incompetent.
--
Regards,
Stuart.