Posted to alt.home.repair
The Ranger The Ranger is offline

Default Pfister Phaucet

I purchased a Price-Pfister single-handle w/ side spray faucet (I
don't know the model number any longer but 39-4NSS looks very
close to it) for the kitchen seven years ago and have been
fighting a handle-based leak that has even stumped my FIL. Hat in
hand, I now turn to the August Members of the 'group for
suggestions and recommendations yet again.

The leak is becoming torrential; every time the lever is used to
dispense water, a portion (upwards of 3-5%) runs out the back and
onto the back-counter area. I have not noticed a decrease in water
pressure but if I set a towel behind the leak to catch the water,
it'll soak the towel by the end of each extended use.

I've taken the entire faucet apart, lubed each washer, cranked
down each fastener, and still water is escaping. I'm _sure_ it's
simple, I'm just not seeing it.

As always, any assistance would be appreciated.

The Ranger