Posted to alt.home.repair
Bert Byfield Bert Byfield is offline

Default HELP--Squirrel's

Lateley we have had squirrels in our yard & late last night my
wife heard something in our attic..WE think it is a squirrel that
got in thru the crawl space & got up in the attic area..Any
suggestions how to get rid of it..

Squirrels and raccoons etc love to move in to an attic. I regularly
have to go up there and refill a pie-tin with ammonia. This smells
pretty bad and stings the eyes so wear gloves and goggles. I can't
stand up in my attic, so I got some good knee-pads at Loew's, and a
flashlight that straps on to my forehead so I can have hands free to
crawl along.

I know they could pose a
problem..also do squirrels scurry around at night?..Please let me
know what to do..THANKS..John

Night scurrying sounds more like raccoons, but if you start going up
there you might see one and know for sure. More likely, they will
disappear when they hear someone coming. When they catch on that humans
own that space, they will not want to live there, and they don't want
to live in a place that smells of ammonia, either.