Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Milwaukee = Ryobi?

aemeijers wrote:
"Matt Barrow" wrote in message
"Tim Smith" wrote in message
In article ,
George wrote:
Dell computers for the US market are made offshore.
Most people would not consider Austin, Nashville, and Winston-Salem to
be offshore. :-)

How about answering why my three month old Dell says "Made in China" on
the box as well as on the case.

The laptops have been made offshore for ages. Last I looked, their
commercial grade desktops were still assembled in US (Using a lot of
pacific rim components, of course.) Monitors are OEM'd by other vendors,
presumably overseas, as are keyboards and mice and such. No idea where their
consumer-grade machines like in the Sunday paper are knocked together.

aem sends...

Wifes office just got a bunch of new Optiplex machines which are their
"business grade" units and they all have "Made in China" stickers.