Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default Totally OT - Highway Question - Is 100 Metres Enough

On Sat, 12 May 2007 08:31:51 +0100, Tony Williams wrote:

Mine will run out exactly on my 70th birthday.

And how long will it have been since you where last offically examined as
competent to drive when that happens? For me (I hope) it will be the best
part of 53 years. I passed my test, first time, 5 months 6 days after my
17th birthday.

Vehicles, driving conditions and the law have changed a great deal since I
passed my test nearly 30 years ago. I expect there will be similar changes
in the next 23 years. It's about time there was regular re-testing of all
drivers, say, every 5 years. With theory (to raise awareness of law
changes) and practical, including motorways. Though the latter has
problems in some parts of the country that are many miles from any
motorways.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail