Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default What tubes to use

In article ,
wrote:
Going with 1000 watts, I will need much more control and tubes that
can handle the abuse. In reality, I'd like to go for 2500 or even
5000 watts per channel, but I doubt any tubes can handle that.

The main interest in valves these days is with SET (single ended
transformer) designs which are the best for that 'valve sound'. And by
nature low powered so need sensitive speakers.

However, all is not lost. Simply use one of those driving a suitable
inductive load then feeding a decent high power solid state design. The
valve amp will give you all the distortion of the type you crave and the
SS one amplify it.

--
*To err is human. To forgive is against company policy.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.