Posted to rec.woodworking
Lew Hodgett Lew Hodgett is offline

Default Screws or 22-caliber nails

Marianne Halevi wrote:

Wow, what a bunch of good and useful information!

The man has been to the movie.

I thank you all so
much. - Floor not level? O-oh! I never thought about that. -
Insulation? I was kind of trusting that I wouldn’t need that, since I
live in Southern Cal.

SoCal or not, insulation is a good thing to minimize sweating problems.

BTW, what part of SoCal?

- Sleepers with shims? Sounds very good, but I
think the level of the floor would then turn out higher than the
thresholds (I already have two doors installed with red brick steps
outside).

It probably will, but you work around it.

But why use adhesive rather than
nails?

Nails are metal, metal rusts, especially in a converted garage.

Lew