Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Totally OT - Highway Question - Is 100 Metres Enough

"Roger" wrote in message
k...
The message
from The Natural Philosopher contains these words:

I think you will find my speedo is calibrated to be correct within 1
mph.
8-)

I seriously doubt it, because the wear on your tyres and the temperature
of them will make more difference than that.

Makes it sound as he has had it specially calibrated doesn't it. No car
I have had has every had a speedometer that accurate. How do I know?
Well in days of yore I used to check with a stopwatch and motorway mile
posts. These days I just use a gps that does claim to be than accurate.

Someone else. 8-)

And no I haven't bothered to download a speed camera POI set as they are
unnecessary.