Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] pdkelley@gmail.com is offline

Default adding a 110 to a 220?

On May 7, 4:39 pm, wrote:
hi,
I need to pull a 220 line for an air conditioner and I also needed a
110 line for a light that's 5 feet away from it
all the walls are finished and it's an old house with the plaster and
lath walls.
I was wondering if i can make a splice at the 220 outlet and take the
110 from there
because the panel box is far,(about 40 ft)away.
can someone please help me?
thanks in advance,

You should not try and splice the line. The best thing to do is to
run the 220 to the AC and the 110 to the light separately from the
power box in your house. Pay attention to your amperage ratings too
so you don't run a 30 amp line on 14 gauge wire.