Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael Faurot Michael Faurot is offline

Default North American wood

Dean H. wrote:

I think you hit the nail on the head about Elm. Having done a lot of tree
work over the years I can tell you that willow is very brittle wood, so
that's not desirable for any project I can think of. Sycamore likes wet feet
and is seldom or never found too far from a pond, lake or river. So,
sycamore is probably never found in large stands (sustainable harvest and
all that stuff).

Thanks for the reply and to everyone else that has mentioned something
concerning this topic. I believe I've got the general picture now
about why these other North American types of wood aren't seen as much.

remove ".invalid".