Posted to uk.d-i-y
clot clot is offline

Default Totally OT - Highway Question - Is 100 Metres Enough

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
dennis@home wrote:
dennis@home wrote:
"Roger" wrote in message
k...
The message
from John Rumm contains these
words:

snip

Im talking not about the drivers that irritate YOU, but the ones who
actually cause accidents.

This is an issue that many folk do not seem to be able to appreciate!

snip

If there is any delusion going on here sweety pie, its you.

If you think that strict adherence to a set of rules will save your
bacon, think again.

I am trying to tell you how to survive, not how to stay legal.

It worries me greatly that we have this dangerous Nanny State attitude
at large. "I was doing less than 30 mph when the accident happened" - on
a morning when there was black ice on the road in front of the school -
when more than 5 - 10 mph would be irresponsible.

This lunatic attitude to speed rather than irresponsible speed bugs me.
We desparately need to educate people to consider context and to forget
the application of legislation.

"Laws are there for the guidance of wise men and the obiedence of
fools!" Hmm - who was it?

snip