John_H John_H is offline
Junior Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim
This one was dropped on the bottom left corner by the looks of the
cracks in the case. Now it has bad purity down the left side, and the
bottom right corner. I have found some info on the net here;

http://videotech.lesterville.com/sony.htm

I thought I would check here to see if there are any alternatives to
trying magnets etc to get the purity back. I seem to recall that the
rings on the neck of the CRT used to be used for purity too, but these
ones have not moved.

Thanks,

- Tim -

Hi Tim

I think you have a CRT trouble. Inner CRT hole mask may be out of position or deformed because dropped. Sometimes after a big hit, purity and/or rainbow patterns appear across the screen. There are no ways to fix this kind of patterns even with magnets or convergence yoke rings.

If you don't have such patterns, it may be a degaussing circuit fault. It often fails down about thermistor terminals soldering. You should check if this circuit works properly. Be careful because Thermistor is hot mostly. It is always close the relay and connects to degaussing coil behind the screen.

Hope this help.

Regards

John_H