Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Milwaukee = Ryobi?

Chris Lewis wrote:
According to dpb :

It seems fair to me to assume that since Milwaukee built a large
fraction of their tools for the US market in the US before the buyout
and those facilities are still in operation that they're still
producing for the US market in the US.

It may seem fair to assume, but the huge difference in labor costs
often completely swamp transportation and/or retooling costs.

Well, it's clear that what they're assembling and/or manufacturing in
the US can't be cheaper to ship halfway 'round the world than
locally. Now whether they can make the same product(s) cheaper enough
somewhere else in the world and still ship them in is, of course,
another analysis entirely. _ALL_ I'm saying is there are still
Milwaukee manufacturing facilities in the US in contrast to OP's
apparent contention/belief that the TTI takeover meant cheap stuff of
the same production line w/ Ryobi.

That production is worldwide now and has been for some time is not in
contention, at least by me. I know full well that York/Delta/several
other in the woodworking tools are the _same_ tool simply branded w/
_perhaps_ some slightly differing features/amenities and if your're
really lucky, a little better qc on a Delta as opposed to York.
Doesn't have any real bearing on the original post (at least as I read
it) and the response I've made...