Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Working alone with heavy granite slabs.

On May 11, 11:25 am, "** Frank **" wrote:
I'm going to have 4 counter size granite slabs loaded on to my truck. How do
I unload and place it on the counter top by myself? I could saw it in half
but don't really want to. I guess I need a gantry crane and hydraulic table.
Has anyone moved a good size slab by himself without breaking it or doing
damage to the kitchen cabinets, especially a slab with a kitchen sink cutout
or a large island slab?

The upside to doing it yourself is that you'll save 50 or 100 bucks
and spend five times as much time to get most likely inferior
results. The downside is almost unlimited.