Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Milwaukee = Ryobi?

On May 11, 9:38 am, BobR wrote:

I have been through several Skill, Craftsman, and Black Decker
cordless tools over the past few years and been rather disappointed in
all of them. Nine months ago I bought a combination set of tools from
Ryobi and couldn't be happier with their performance. The overall
qualitiy of the tools is good and their performance has been well
above that of the previous tools.

Well, w/ those as comparatives, you're in at least the same general
range of target market. TTI of course, began as a manufacturer for
Sears/Craftsman and then built the Ryobi brand and got the
distribution deal w/ HD from that experience/basis. While I haven't
looked in detail for several years now, it would be surprising to find
they're not still making a fair amount of stuff for Sears. I've not
investigated the Skil/B&D actual manufacturing relationships enough to
know of any possible connection in production facilities although one
would presume they're not contracting for them, even that wouldn't be
out of the realm of possibilities.