Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Stephen M Stephen M is offline

Default Tools for sale

"Moray" wrote in message
ups.com...
Lottsa tools for sale here and lathes to fill your pockets, but all in
Ontario
http://www.canadianwoodworking.com/c...ex.php?catid=2

Another question I have is what is the difference between reeves
variable speed drives and Electronic variable spped drive. I know one
starts at a prescribe speed and the electronic starts at 0. Is one
better than the other.

I own a Reeves drive lathe and I like it, but if I had deeper pockets I
would own and EVS lathe. Is there a difference in value? Hell yes. Although
I'm sure someone can find an example to the contrary, EVS lathes (new) start
around $1600, about twice what i paid for my Jet 1442 and it just goes up
from there.

-Steve