Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default hot air guns and soldering copper pipes

In article ,
Robin wrote:
Also, as I am a novice with soldering plumbing, can you give me a rough
guide as to how many joints a cylinder should do in (say) 22mm pipe? (I
shall apply my own divide-by-3 'cos I'll need to practice factor -
unless 3 is not enough.)

Mine - which uses those squat pierceable canisters - would do so many
you'd not bother counting. Certainly no need to have more than one spare
canister per day given normal rates of one man working - but Screwfix sell
them in packs of 5 anyway.

Worth also laying in a supply of disposable lighters for lighting the
blowlamp - I reckon these are cheaper and more reliable than the self
igniting kind.

One tip you may find useful - spare ceramic tiles no longer needed are
handy as heat shields.

--
*Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.