Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Building Brush Fire next to LP Tank

In article ,
wrote:

On Thu, 10 May 2007 11:26:16 -0400, "Joseph Meehan"

I had a huge brush pile in my yard. It was piled next to my 500gal.
LP tank. I started it on fire earlier but my neighbor came running
over with a fire extingusher and made out my fire. ...

Just on the off hand chance that you are not trolling, No fires near LP
tanks.

I dont think I am trolling. What is trolling, is that some sort of
fire department term or what? I just used matches to light the fire
after pouring some gas on the pile.

OK, but why should I not make a fire near a LP tank? Steel dont burn,
so what is the problem? Some people say eating candy is bad too, but
there has to be a reason. Otherwise how does anyone know it's bad?

Trolling just means, stumbling around in a post-coital daze after
jackbootin' a sheep. But seriously, I think you should test this out on
your own instead of relying on the advice of a bunch of idiots on a
newsgroup. Get Gomer Pyle over there with a fuel truck, and pump seven
or eight hundred gallons of gas on the propane tank, and the brush pile,
too, and maybe that dickwad neighbor's barn, and light 'em up. Check
back the next day and see whether that doggone steel LP tank burned or
not. And then let us know. I bet that darn steel won't burn or melt or
explode and blow your house to the other corner of Nebraska or nothing.
Bunch of nervous nellies around, worrying about silly ass ****.