Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] joe_____@gmail.com is offline

Default Building Brush Fire next to LP Tank

On Thu, 10 May 2007 11:26:16 -0400, "Joseph Meehan"

I had a huge brush pile in my yard. It was piled next to my 500gal.
LP tank. I started it on fire earlier but my neighbor came running
over with a fire extingusher and made out my fire. ...

Just on the off hand chance that you are not trolling, No fires near LP
tanks.

I dont think I am trolling. What is trolling, is that some sort of
fire department term or what? I just used matches to light the fire
after pouring some gas on the pile.

OK, but why should I not make a fire near a LP tank? Steel dont burn,
so what is the problem? Some people say eating candy is bad too, but
there has to be a reason. Otherwise how does anyone know it's bad?